Here is the review from Lost Star Gridiron.
* WR Jamal Jeffery Texas A&M commit 1st Team All-District Cat-like quickness, can stretch the field, or take a slant 80 yards TOP 30
* DL D.J. Williams TOP 40 2nd Team All-District
* WR JR Keke Coutee 52-835 yards 11 TDS receiving 1st Team All-District
* OL Dominick Hall 1st Team All-District
* LB D.J. Alexander 1st Team All-District 87 tackles
* OL Wacey Hartman 2nd Team All-District
* OL JR Erik McCoy 2nd Team All-District
* WR Terry Mark
* QB Trey Cumbie
* DB Michael Farley
* LB Deangelo Hightower
* LB JR Larell Weatherred
* DB JR Deandre Hooper
* LSG Pre-Season Ranking
* 1979 The Lufkin ISD school board unanimously approved the re-naming of Panther Stadium to Abe Martin Stadium in honor of the former coach who brought a football championship to Lufkin High School in 1943
* 3 consecutive 9 win seasons
- Mike Says: The Panthers bring back another strong team especially on the offensive line and at wide receiver. If QB Cumbie is able to get the ball to WR’s Jeffery and Coutee this will be a high scoring team. Look for another 9+ win season. They will battle The Woodlands for the district title and then go another 2 or 3 rounds into the playoffs. It is always fun to see their East Texas Rival games with John Tyler and Tyler Lee and then their first round playoff matchups against the Spring and Klein schools.
- Chris Says: Lufkin had an up and down season that a lot of teams would have been proud of… but the Pack felt like they fell short. The Panthers lost control early of a couple games and mistakes beat them when they lost. Coach Quick will address the mental errors as he starts his second season as head coach. I expect the mistakes to drop off dramatically and they should have at least 11 wins under their belt when the play in the Quarterfinal playoff game. Expect the Longview game to once again be an instant classic.
Last Years Record: Overall 9-4 District 5-1
See more of the preview at http://lonestargridiron.com/2013/07/16/2013-lsg-team-preview-lufkin-panthers/